I love the Fourth of July! Family, picnic food, fireworks and always, always ice cream for dessert.
Today as I thought about our Fourth of July celebration, I realized I want a make-ahead ice cream dessert. I remembered a dessert I often made when our kids were at home, and one I am sure you may have made at your house. I began to search for the recipe our kids always called “Peanut Buster Bar” and found it on allrecipes.com.
I’d LOVE to hear about your favorite ice cream dessert. If you have a favorite, please feel free to share it with us!
This recipe serves 20 and on All Recipes is named “Mom’s Ice Cream Dessert.”
- 1 (20 ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Spanish peanuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crush all but 10 of the cookies. Combine crushed cookies in large bowl with melted margarine and peanuts. Press mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish and freeze until cold.
- Spread softened ice cream over cold crust and freeze until set.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup margarine and vanilla in large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool completely; pour mixture over ice cream and freeze until set.
Please go to all recipes to see the original.