Pinterest does it again!
This incredibly hot and dry weather has made grilling chicken on the grill seem more like a chore than easy summer cooking. We found this great recipe for barbecue chicken on Pinterest. It satisfied our craving without breaking a sweat.
1 whole chicken about 5 pounds (roaster or fryer)
1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce. Our favorite is Sweet Baby Rays. We like the thickness of the sauce.
1 can Coca Cola
1. Quarter the onion and lemon.
2. Place the washed and dried chicken in a large crockpot.
3. Place onions and lemon on top of chicken.
4. Pour entire bottle of barecue sauce over chicken.
5. Add the entire can of Coca-Cola.
6. Turn crockpot on high and cook for about 4 hours.
The chicken is moist and tender and falls of the bones. It has the flavor of barbecue chicken that you might have on a good bbq chicken sandwich in a restaurant. We really liked it.